Tuesday, October 26, 2010

My day off from work started with my first Pumpkin Spice Latte of the holiday season from Starbucks. On one of my last walks in Manhattan Beach with my friend Katie and her adorable baby Heidi, a man in Starbucks had given me a free drink coupon and I decided to use it today. I headed into the city to SOMA, which I learned means "south of Market" street. I had received an email from Yelp in regard to a free mobile spa event that they were hosting. They had me at free cupcakes! They were from Taste of Happiness which specializes in gluten-free cupcakes. I had never had a gluten-free cupcake to my knowledge and it surprisingly wasn't bad. This mobile spa was also offering free massages and bang trims. Since I currently do not have any bangs (and I was really only going for the massage anyways!), I opted for the massage from Suchada. My massage therapist proceeded to laugh and tell me that I had "a lot of knots" and then handed me her business card. It was a good but too quick of a 15 minute chair massage. Then, I headed over to Tartine Bakery and tried the lemon cream tart and the croque monsieur with smoked turkey that had been recommended to me by some co-workers. They had to heat up my sandwich and gave me my dessert first while I was waiting. Needless to say, the tart was demolished by the time my sandwich arrived. Life's uncertain, right?! I should always eat dessert first! And again for your viewing pleasure, a full sheet cake from this past weekend...MAZEL TOV!

1 comment:

  1. Love the shout out... LOVE the pumpkin spice latte. Miss our walks!

    ReplyDelete