Sunday, October 31, 2010

This week's recipe that I tried was for Rich French Onion Soup. It sounded like a good idea since it had been raining and cold. Unfortunately, it didn't turn out as great as it sounded. There isn't much too it but it just didn't have as much flavor as some other French Onion Soups I've had in the past. The one additional that I did like to this soup was its use of fresh thyme leaves. It was the only thing that saved this soup in my opinion! (Well that and the cheese!) This week was pretty crazy at work between getting ready for Halloween and with the Giants being in the World Series. There was an article in the Marin Independent Journal about the bakery and the special cupcakes we were doing for Giants fans. This is what I've learned from these cupcakes: apparently, a panda is the mascot for the Giants; People Love Timmy and Buster; I should "Fear The Beard" of their closing pitcher Brian Wilson who has dyed his beard jet black. These cupcakes have been an unbelievable success/stress for us but it's getting us ready for the busy holiday season! Thanksgiving is my most favorite holiday and I can't wait for it to get here. I don't know where I'll be this year for it but I know that I will be with friends and family of sorts and perhaps have to have an extended Thanksgiving celebration which my mom has done in the past and cooked a second dinner at a later date just for me! I'm a lucky girl.

1 comment: