Sunday, November 14, 2010


Thursday was our quarterly employee appreciation lunch. They bought us food from Sol Food in San Rafael. We had Tostones Con Mojo and Maduros which were both plantains. I didn't really care for either of them. However, their salad with lemon-garlic dressing was absolutely addicting and so was their chicken. They hired a new HR lady named Lisa who was very thoughtful and wrote everyone a "Thanks a Million" envelope filled with a Lottery quick pick and scratcher. Neither one won but it was the thought that counted and was appreciated. Everyone also was able to pick out of a grab bag of giftcards and I drew out a $10 Whole Foods card that I can't wait to use for a nice home cooked meal with EJ!
Thursday and Friday were pretty hectic days at work. Lots of orders for pies are coming in already for Thanksgiving and we are in a pie shell making frenzy on top of our increased holiday daily production of buttercreams, cakes, cookies, etc.
Yesterday was my day off so I treated myself to a new pair of work jeans from Old Navy for $11 and a new belt from Target to hold up my other jeans for $7! I also treated myself to an hour massage because I feel like I've been working really hard and deserved to spoil myself. I also decided that I deserved a hair trim since I haven't had one since August and splurged $30 on that as well. One of my best friends from college and her fiance that lives in Pleasanton, came across the Richmond Bridge to have dinner with me last night. Kim and Eric met me at my apartment and we walked to Pizzeria Picco. The pizza was absolutely delicious! We ordered the Cannondale pizza with marinara sauce and house made sausage, roasted peppers, roasted onion, mozzarella and basil as well as the Della Santa with broccoli di ciccio, roasted peppers,roasted onion, roasted garlic and mozzarella. For dessert we each ordered a different soft serve ice cream that was delicious as well. It was the perfect ending to the day.
The bakery is usually closed on Sundays but both NorCal stores had to meet at our store today to do training. I decided to go to Donut Alley before work to start myself off with a healthy spread of donuts and coffee. The donuts were some of the best that I've had in a long time. However, the owner claimed to have the best apple fritter but I'm not sure that it can compete with one from Randy's Donuts! It will suffice until I can get back to LA to taste test. Anyways, back to training, a lot of the staff is new so it was good to go over various procedures and to ask questions and to make sure that everyone was on the same page. There were even some new things that I learned today which were very helpful. I can't wait to make it through this week and get to LA and vist! I've been missing this:

No comments:

Post a Comment