Wednesday, January 5, 2011

It was a quick turnaround from Christmas to New Year's Eve! Work started out slow and then quickly snowballed into a ton of people coming in for last minute cakes and cupcakes. We had no idea what to expect since there was nothing to compare it to from last year so we did our best estimate and now know to prepare more for next year! I rushed to the airport only to find out that my flight was delayed to LA. I ended up landing at 10:30pm and EJ took me straight to the grocery store so I could get a bottle of champagne:

EJ made us an awesome batch of chili for dinner:

The beasts wanted to eat some of it of course since it had been taunting them all day smelling delicious from the crock pot!

New Year's Eve is also Hank's birthday! He turned 3 this year and I made him a giant peanut butter dog bone for him to enjoy (side note: just to give you an idea of the size of the bone, the box that it is in is designed to hold 12 cupcakes!):

Overall, it was a great end to 2010 and a great beginning to 2011. The following day I got to see Katie and her baby Heidi and had a great time catching up at Starbucks. Heidi is probably one of the most ridiculously cute babies I've seen in my lifetime and has gotten so big! It's hard to think that 2010 came and went so quickly but I'm excited to see what 2011 has in store for me, my friends and my family. Peace, love, happiness, good health and wealth in the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment